Sunday, September 13, 2009

Where's The Beef?

Just got back last night from lovely Delta training. Let me just say, what a "F'ING" beating. I did fine. Made a 100 on all the tests. My Mama better be proud, I know how to call a pilot on a 747. Woohoo. Drank some wine with friends which made it so much more bearable. Thanks MG for bringing the hooch. I owe ya!

Now we are off to Destin. Yes, the day after coming back from training. I couldn't get my shit together until about 2:30. Give me a break, I packed for three and who knew babies needed so much junk? The trip started off fine. UNTIL we decided to drive thru Taco Cabana for lunch. So hungry after eating only donuts for breakfast. (And I wonder why I'm fat?) Anywho, we stop and I order 2 beef fajita tacos with guacamole. Yum Yum. The Husb orders some weird sounding beef thing that has melted cheese and peppers and stuff. It was the best option for driving and eating. I should of followed his lead. So, we get our food and head out on the highway. A couple of miles down the road after getting T and the Husb's food delivered, I dive into my delicious BEEF fajita taco. I'm just going to say it...there was no fucking beef on it. For that matter, there was no beef on either one. I don't think I've been that mad in ages. I don't know if it came from the stress of the last several days or what. I could have flipped out, but the children we're in the car. The Husb attempts to turn around, but hellll nooooo. We have a 12 hour drive ahead of us. We are not, I repeat are NOT wasting 30 minutes going back to Taco Cabana. (The one in Mesquite right before highway 80...fair warning). Anyone who has traveled with a baby knows that those extra 30 minutes in the car could ruin your day. I made myself feel a tiny bit better by calling and letting the manager know his staff had their head up their asses. Ok, I didn't say it like that but I thought about it.

But alas, the day has ended in bliss. We are now in Lafayette Louisiana. We drove thru the parking lot of two other hotels befor choosing the Baymont Inn & Suites. Funny how in your old age you become real picky about where you sleep. This place is awesome. The perfect mattress, mini frig, microwave, free breakfast, wifi, and nice...nice rooms. It's weird to find someplace like this on accident off the highway. Maybe my luck has changed!

No comments: