Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Where am I?

Seriously, it's snowing in Dallas again. WTH? It sometimes snows maybe once or twice a year but not until February. It's just plain weird. Sure is pretty though. Well since it's just after Christmas the baby has gotten his first sickness. Went to the doctor yesterday after a horrible night. Not the flu, not an ear infection...just the crud. Lovely. I just realized why I'm not a nurse. I don't do puke, I don't do sickness. It's so sad when he can't even say, "Hey Mom, I feel like shit. I can't breath thru my nose." That would be nice. It would also be nice if he'd let me suck his snot out with that bulb thing. That's a hell no from him. Poor guy is already in bed and it's not even 5pm. Wonder what kind of night we'll have. Sure do miss those Europe layovers right now.

Speaking of flying. What the hell is wrong with people? Trying to blow up a Delta flight???? Since I work for Delta, I find that entirely too close for comfort. Entirely. The Government needs to pull their head out of their ass concerning security. Not to be a bitch or to profile, but if someone is on a watch list and they don't live in the states, why o' why do you not revoke their VISA? Why do they need to come here? To hang out? The guys Dad even said he was going to be a problem. HELLOOOOO!!!!

Well, I'm off to watch the snow. It relaxes me (and a GIANT glass of wine). After the last few days with a fussy baby, I am ready to chill. Oh, nix that...the baby is crying. Shit.

3 comments:

KCSherri said...

So true....just makes me shake my head at the fact that the guy was able to get on a plane with a bomb in his underwear. Oh YEAH, I feel secure. NOT.

We get snow tomorrow in KC. I'm sick of the snow.

Anonymous said...

There are too many crazies out there. And they are too worried about being seen as racist profilers to catch them.

Paige said...

Here is what I don't get--they talk about beefing up security but when I flew two eweeks ago, I had a knife in my purse I did not know was there. Did they find it? Nope. I had bad things in my carry on. Did they see it? Nope.