Friday, November 6, 2009

Yeah 5!

Little did I know that not being able to get pregnant for so long would actually be a blessing. It took probably 2 1/2 years to get pregnant with Poppy. Some gland in my head...Pituitary gland?...thought I was already pregnant. Just a few pills and a couple of shots and I was lucky enough to have number 2 on the way. I've been noticing some of my friends that have two kids. None of them are as far apart as T and Poppy. Their kids range for 18months to 2 1/2 years apart. I often feel overwhelmed and rushed and annoyed. They must feel it 3x more than I do. It must suck to be them. One friend had twins when her son was only 18 months old. She calls the first 3 years "The Dark Years". Lovely huh?

T will be 5 next week. He has grown so much, I can't believe he was once a little guy like Poppy. I know I take for granted all the things he can do on his own. I lay out his clothes and he dresses himself. OK, I'll be honest, most of the time I have to tell him 5 times to do it and sometimes threaten harm. 99% of the time his underwear is even on the right way. He goes and gets me things when I ask, fetches the remote control when I'm too lazy to get up and jumps around to make the baby stop crying. It's frustrating when thing don't go like you'd planned. I wanted my kids to be closer in age. Now I'm thanking my lucky stars that they aren't. I was waiting in a doctors office one day and a lady asked how far apart my kids were. I told her 4 1/2 years. She said I had planned perfectly...when one gets out of college, the other one will be going in. Let's just hope T doesn't do what Mommy did and go on the 5 year plan. Yeah 5!

3 comments:

Lee said...

My kids are 3.5 and it works great...of course, THEY don't work great, but the 3.5 years works great!

Unknown said...

i've got both...and i'd have to say the more space between them, the easier it is.

Tracie said...

Mine are 2 yrs. 9 mths. apart. Neither one was planned.