Saturday, July 18, 2009

It's Saturday night...

It's Saturday night 9:47...do you know where your husband is? Mine just headed off to poker. Yes, at 9:47. He stayed around to put the kids to bed and watch a little Ace of Cakes with me and then headed out. Ok, I must be old old old, cause I can't think of anything besides cake that would get me to leave the house and start my night this late. I remember in college this is when we actually went out. I'm so over that! Now, I'm glad the Husb went. It's good that he gets out and has fun...for a couple of reasons. First, he really needs to chill. He works hard and deserves down time. There also is a chance he'll came home with a little extra $. Maybe not a ton since I heard my BF's husband will be there. He kicks butt at poker and doesn't take names. The guy is also lucky, wins actual money on scratch offs. Who does that? The second reason it's good the Husb gets out is cause I can always use the, "Hey, you always go to poker" argument. Truthfully, I never have to though. I'm married to Mr. Layed Back, it takes A LOT to get me going. Nice since I'm Mrs. Don't Even...



The Husb has been quite happy today. He just got a new gas smoker we ordered for his birthday. Pretty sweet, I'll have to say. Family gave him gift certificates which paid for most of it...or so I thought. Ya know when you get something new, you HAVE to get all the accessories. I haven't mentioned it before, but I am a pampered wife. I can cook. I don't have to cook. When I met the Husb, he was restaurant manager. He can cook just about anything, just the way you like it. Kinda ruins going to restaurants sometimes. Why spend the $ when his is better? A friend once told me he hoped we never broke up cause he wouldn't know what side to pick. This coming from a guy I've known 10 years longer than my husband. He's that good a cook!!! Tomorrow The Husb is breaking in the new smoker with a 10lb pork butt. Yummm...pulled pork sandwiches! We also have been privileged to get a friends Spicy Mustard Sauce recipe. It's so good, you'll slap your Momma. I just might since we invited her and my sister's family over. (I sometimes feel like slapp'in family members..bahahahaha. If your a family member and reading this, I'm not talking about you!) You gotta love family, oh and smoked pork....chicken...ribs. That's what we're having this week! Weehee!

No comments: