Monday, August 31, 2009

Zoo Landers!


T next to his Favorite!


Mr. T & Poppy!

Sounds like a movie huh? No, yesterday we got invited by some friends to the Ft. Worth Zoo. Due to it being the end of the month, the Husb had to do billing so he missed out. The friends we went with have two girls, 4 1/2 & 7. So happy to see that mine isn't the only 4+ that can't seem to hear. It warms my heart to hear other parents repeat, repeat, repeat! It wasn't just our group...it was happening all over the zoo.

Mr. T had an awesome time. He was turbo excited. Cute and annoying at the same time. If I heard, "lets go see the penguins" once, I heard it a thousand times. Seriously....a thousand times. After lunch we finally saw the penguins. They smell like pee and when one pooped, it shot across the cage. So not Penguins of Madagascar cartoon. Five minutes after leaving the penguins, guess what Mr. T said? "Let's go see the penguins again". Lord help me.

I'll have to say, the Ft. Worth Zoo rocks. If I'd been invited to the Dallas Zoo, I would have declined. A friend once reminded me that the elephants there had been in the same small concrete pen since we were kids. (It's been a long long time since I was a kid!) Until that is fixed, which I think is being worked on, I won't be back. Reminds me of a circus. Won't go there either. The one thing I didn't like at the Ft. Worth Zoo is when I ordered chicken nuggets (the adult kind) that they were shaped like dinosaur feet or maybe it was bird feet. Weird and not very tasty.

Overall we had a great day. Poppy seemed to enjoy himself and his new stroller. The kids liked it , and best of all, we didn't stay too long. I think us parents got parenting points and had a good time. And for the record, my favorite animal is this really skinny deer looking thing. I think it was called a Kudu. Mr. T's favorite? You guessed it.....the penguins!

































1 comment:

Chief said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my bloghouse! I will stick around and see what's up over here!