Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sundays before kids....

I used to be a BIG Sunday football watcher. The Husb and I even did our picks every Sunday morning. When T was born, we still watched. When he was about two, I printed out each teams logo and he would do his picks. He always loved the pirates....Tampa Bay and Oakland. T actually kicked our asses at times with his picks. Weird. So now with two kids, I'm lucky if I catch the entire Cowboys game. I say Cowboys because first, they are America's team. ;0 (No haters hahaha!) And second, I'm from Dallas...and well, they are the Dallas Cowboys. It's strange how little people change your habits that you thought were ingrained forever. I always watched the Today show when I wasn't working. Now I try to catch 10 minutes to make sure the world is intact and then it's off to Spongebob Land. I do know that in the end, I won't look back and say...I sure wish I watched more football. Building Lego's and kissing boo boos is where it's at. (Repeat to self..."They will take care of me in my old age!) Pretty soon "the boys" may just be insistent that sports are on. I better enjoy them now, farts, burps, snot and all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

as a redskins fan (by marriage) i am supposed to hate you. but seeing as how the redskins totally suck, it's kind of hard for me to hate anyone.

it's all football, all sunday over here--even with the kids. i'm sure my husband intends to keep it that way! even if Dora is on...

Chief said...

I will have to ask Duke if we can still be friends

lmao

We hate America's Team

but I love you so I will fight hard!

The Grounded Drink Lady said...

OMG...I thought you Ladies were my sisters from another Mister! You NO like the Boys? OH MY!