Monday, October 26, 2009

Toilet Humor!

I have a dirty little secret. We have a baby blue toilet in the master bathroom. I use the term master bathroom loosely because it's a little bigger than a closet. Ya see, not everything is bigger in Texas. We live in a three bedroom house built in the early 1960's. We bought it from a friend of my Mom's 11 years ago right after we got married. We planned to live here no more than 5 years. Well, we passed that by 6 years. The thing is, we didn't pay much so our mortgage is awesome. The house is in a suburb just about 2 miles north of Dallas. Great location, no alley, nice yard and safe neighborhood. I'd also like think we're being green by not living in a huge obnoxious house. (Even though I'd add a second floor and pool in a second if I had the jack!) So we're stay'in. We remodeled the living room by knocking out the dining room wall and also updated the kitchen. We haven't touched the back of the house, hence the beau-T-ful blue bathroom.

Last night I get a call from a friend that has been out of town taking care of family stuff. Her husband's 97 year old grandmother has a house that has been shut up for 4 years while the Grandmother has been in a nursing home. My friend has been sending me pictures of stuff they have found in the house. The electricity was off for four years...small water leaks, you kinda get the idea. One picture she sent was of a Jim Beam bottle in the shape of a cat. I looked on E-bay...it dates 1967. Wow! Anyhow, she says she has something for me from Grandma's house. Needless to say, I'm worried and kinda scared. What in the hell could it be? My friend and her husband show up on our doorstep....with a brand new toilet. White...never been out of the box! I can't believe I'm so EXCITED about a toilet! But I am!!!! I'm so happy they thought of me when they saw that toilet! It really is the gift that keeps on giving!

8 comments:

Lee said...

That's a great gift!!

Chief said...

I am with you on this one! There is nothing like a clean, brand new, no dna residue toilet! Congratulations! You deserve a clean shitter!

Tracie said...

We had a pink toilet in the master bath (also closet size) until this summer. I totally understand the joy to be had in a shiny, white toilet.

Dee at Pedestrian Palate said...

Nothing like a gift wrapped crapper to make your day ! I had a daffodil yellow toilet in our old house, so I can relate to the joy in seeing that relic sitting at the curb.

The Grounded Drink Lady said...

Damn, who knew there were so many color choices! You ladies are making me lmao!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

Gift that keeps giving that is too flipping funny!

No picture! come on before and afters ... :)

That is what a call a friend!

JennyMac said...

Hahahaha..this is SO funny. Gift wrapped commode..love it.

Unknown said...

hey, sometimes it's the little things that make us happy...go with it!

p.s. i really enjoy your blog...i'm a new follower!